Thursday, May 8

Excited about AI

I'm truly, truly, truly excited about this month. I'm finally putting in the hours to learn and apply AI. I woke up at at 4 am, and at 5 am I was on campus, reading Artificial Intelligence for Games by Ian Millinigton. Although we spent half of lecture going over the silly-bus, and some more time on Dishonesty Policies, we eventually got down to business. Of course that only meant going over what AI is, and the three basic Data Structures: Linked Lists (Queues), Hashmaps, and Trees.

Since several people did not finish the lab on time Jeremiah did provide an extension for it which is largely due to the fact that lecture ended rather late.

So it sounds like the first day wasn't overly exciting, and next class isn't two days from now. What in the world will keep me busy until than?

The answer! Robocode! At the moment it's me and Casey Flach in a team for the monthly competition. My goal is nothing short of first place in Hall of Fame! Anyways feel free to check out the rules here.

1 comment:

Andrew said...

Sounds cool, make sure to show the results :)

Robocode looks interesting, I should take a gander at it. I don't know what would work better though; scripted or static rules/planning or learning. Hmm...